I occasionally build tech demos and research projects and write about things. This will be an ongoing list of things I'm doing.
Fly me to the Moon
A really long piece looking at the history of spaceflight. Built in React.js as a proof of concept for a few ideas.
History of Humanity
OpenDAWS is a LESS CSS framework, built with ideas from or by:
- normalize.css by Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal - http://necolas.github.com/normalize.css/
- Foundation by Zurb - http://foundation.zurb.com/
- Bootstrap by Zurb - http://foundation.zurb.com/
- flexboxgrid by Bass Jobsen - https://github.com/bassjobsen/flexboxgrid-less
- Baseline CSS by Stéphane Curzi - http://baselinecss.com/
- LESSHat by CSS Hat - http://lesshat.com/
It uses flexbox and sane defaults to make building front ends less painful, without requiring all the overhead of things like Bootstrap or Foundation.
Minigeist is a minimalist version of Upholsterygeist, stripped back even further to have only 4kb of CSS. It's available here.
If you've enjoyed this post, you might want to follow me on Twitter