I occasionally build tech demos and research projects and write about things. This will be an ongoing list of things I'm doing.
Fly me to the Moon
A really long piece looking at the history of spaceflight. Built in React.js as a proof of concept for a few ideas.
History of Humanity
OpenDAWS is a LESS CSS framework, built with ideas from or by:
- normalize.css by Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal - http://necolas.github.com/normalize.css/
- Foundation by Zurb - http://foundation.zurb.com/
- Bootstrap by Zurb - http://foundation.zurb.com/
- flexboxgrid by Bass Jobsen - https://github.com/bassjobsen/flexboxgrid-less
- Baseline CSS by Stéphane Curzi - http://baselinecss.com/
- LESSHat by CSS Hat - http://lesshat.com/
It uses flexbox and sane defaults to make building front ends less painful, without requiring all the overhead of things like Bootstrap or Foundation.
Upholsterygeist is a minimalist Ghost theme built using OpenDAWS, available here. This site runs with it, so you're already looking at a demo of it.
Minigeist is a minimalist version of Upholsterygeist, stripped back even further to have only 4kb of CSS. It's available here.
If you liked this post, you should follow me on Twitter
If you're looking for a tabletop gaming group near central London to play with, come join us at Dragons on the Hill.